What have we done so far?
- Prepared – in consultation with many Dorset CAN members and other organisations – Dorset CAN’s formal response to the draft Climate and Ecological Emergency Strategy published by Dorset Council.
- Prepared – again in consultation with many Dorset CAN members and other organisations – Dorset CAN’s formal response to the draft Dorset Local Plan.
- Through the Dorset Deserves Better campaign secured a rethink on the Local Plan.
- Engaged 64 organisations, including 23 Town and Parish Councils (in total representing 109,000 people) in the Dorset Deserves Better campaign
- Maintained a dialogue with Dorset Council on the Local Plan and the CEES.
What are we doing now and what’s next?
- Aiming to get a good outcome to the rethink of the Local Plan - one that leads to a new Plan without substantial delay, in line with the Climate & Ecological Strategy
- We may become involved in further advocacy activity related to the Climate and Ecological Emergency Strategy : we are keeping a close eye on the Council’s action.
Interested in getting involved?
- We warmly welcome contributions from all Dorset CAN members and related organisations to the campaign focused on the Dorset Local Plan.
- Submission of strong, constructive proposals to Dorset Council’s public consultation on the Climate and Ecological Emergency Strategy.
- Forming a powerful, collective response to the Local Plan public consultation by collating responses from over 30 organisations throughout Dorset.
- Gaining press and media attention on our response to the Local Plan, enabling better public awareness of the issues around housing, protection of green spaces and climate action.
- Asking questions at Dorset Council meetings to encourage better communication and enabling Dorset CAN to share information with members and the public.